The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) is a multilateral treaty that was ratified in Washington, DC in 1970 and has been in force since 1978. Registering a scientific achievement can provide the following benefits for inventors in form of PCT:
- Providing an 30-month opportunity from the first disclosure for registration in the treaty member countries
- Facilitating and expediting registration in other countries
- Providing an opportunity to complete and increase with the right to advance before the PCT registration date
- It assists national patent offices in deciding whether to grant a patent;
- It facilitates public access to technical information related to patented inventions;
- Applicants can use the services provided in a wide range of countries simultaneously,
- It can be taken advantage of the above by doing PCT registration for invention, and since PCT registration and writing requires skill and experience, it is recommended to leave this task to experienced companies such as Rayanotech.